Welcome to Naas AC
2021 Virtual Streets of Naas, in memory of Sheena Walsh
It was a very different Streets of Naas this year due to Covid-19 restrictions, however everyone at Naas AC was delighted that the event could go ahead as a virtual race over the Easter weekend. It was great to see so many happy faces in all the photos .. even the sun was smiling!
Click here to see a collection of photos from the event.
Click here for the Race Results.
All participants were asked to stay within the restrictions and social distancing guidelines in place. This meant that we had none of the crowds on Naas Main St that we would have seen in previous years, however we did see a tremendous effort from all who took part.
We were thrilled that over 900 people participated in running or walking the 5k distance. We had entries from all over Naas itself as well as every corner of Ireland, and indeed much further afield in places such as Canada and the US, to name but a few.
All funds raised went towards Kildare Down Syndrome’s wonderful local project An Garraí Beag and the Naas AC Juveniles.
Latest COVID-19 Updates
- People may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise.
- High performing athletes, as approved by Sport Ireland, can resume from 19 April.
From 26 April
- Underage non-contact outdoor training in pods of 15 can resume.
- Facilities including club houses and any indoor facilities (for example: changing rooms, showers, kitchens, meeting rooms), apart from essential toilet facilities must remain closed.
From 10 May
- Outdoor training can recommence for adults, in pods of a maximum of 15 people